Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Private Property as a Commodity
(and a derivative at that)

      The philosopher, Jean Jacques Rousseau wrote:
       “The first man who, having enclosed a piece of ground, bethought himself of saying ‘This is mine’, and found people simple enough to believe him, was the real founder of civil society. From how many crimes, wars, and murders, from how many horrors and misfortunes might not any one have saved mankind, by pulling up the stakes, or filling up the ditch, and crying to his fellows, ‘Beware of listening to this imposter; you are undone if you once forget that the fruits of the earth belong to us all, and the earth itself to nobody.’”
--Jean Jacques Rousseau, from Discourse on the Origins of Inequality.

       And another radical philosopher once said:
"Property is theft." --Pierre-Joseph Prodhoun.

      Since I agree with both of those sentiments I guess you could call me a radical, as well. In the most recent blog posts I have challenged your racial identities. Now I will challenge your right to own property. I do not mean your toys and other possessions like cars, boats, clothes, and TV sets. I also am not challenging your right to own a home, just your right to own the land (real estate) underneath your house. Remember, in these blog posts I am defining property as land and/or real estate I have done quite a bit of research to back me up. In fact, most of this rant comes from my senior thesis when I graduated from SSU. It will take a few weeks for me to cover the whole subject here, so tell all your friends to tune in, especially those with racial identities who make money from owning property.
       My website

No comments:

Post a Comment